Thursday, September 20, 2012

three. two eight. one three.


That would be our DUE DATE!  We are SO excited, and can't wait to meet Baby Callahan  :).

I found out I was pregnant on July 12th right after we returned from our honeymoon trips to Bora Bora and Alaska. Baby Callahan is officially a honeymoon baby!

We went in for our first ultrasound on Aug 1st and BC (Baby Callahan) was too small to see how far along I was so the doc had us come back for another appointment on August 17th.  At our second Dr appt, we found out the baby will arrive sometime around March, 28th 2013, a few days after Ezra turns 32.  We were also able to hear BC's super speedy heartbeat.  It was pretty awesome. 

Here's some pics of the first ultrasound:  




Here's some pics of my (nonexistent) belly:   
since I'm doing this super cheesy blog, I thought I'd make a super cheesy t-shirt to show my growing belly each week.  I'm hoping that the shirt still fits at week 40, there's def a high chance it's going to rip sometime around week 30 :).  





How far along? 13 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Nope, trying to make it as long as possible in my normal clothes. My go-to skinny jeans are getting slightly snug and uncomfy so I think I'll need to start wearing only flowy dresses  and leggings in the next few weeks. 
Weight Gained:  5lbs  
Waist Size: 30 in (measuring around the belly button)
Exercising: I went to Bar Method twice and I took a Yoga class in Tahoe!  
Stretch marks? Nope
Symptoms: From week 5 until about week 11,  I  had nausea all day long. Seriously. All. Day. Long.  It basically felt like I was carsick and little bit hungover from the second I got up until I fell asleep at night.  Luckily, I only actually threw up one time.  The Dr prescribed Zofran to help with the nausea.... that stuff is seriously magical :).   I've been feeling pretty good the last week or so.  I'm crossing my fingers that the nausea is ready to peace out of my life for the rest of the pregnancy.  
Sleep: I’m tired ALL THE TIME.  I usually have to get at least an hour nap sometime during the day, and I've been hitting the sack around 8  or 9pm every night since about week 6.  Ezra is def not a huge fan of this :). 
Best moment this week: Being able to announce to our friends that we are pregnant!  It's been really hard to try and keep it a secret for this long.  
Miss Anything? Definitely sushi and having the luxury of drinking iced tea all day long - nothing else really... yet 
Number of times I get up to pee each night: Twice, and I can barely hold it when I wake up.
Movement: Nope
Food cravings: While I haven't had any crazy one-off food cravings yet, my body is craving and needing only heavy carb type food.  I've been chowing down on pizza, baked potatoes, tortilla chips and salsa, mac n cheese, fried chicken, and tons of cheese and crackers.  I've been trying really hard to eat healthy but carbs are really the only thing that makes my nausea feel a tiny bit better. Now that the nausea is going away, I'm hoping my body will start craving protein, veggies, and fruit again.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Weeks 5-11: the smell of coffee, wine (I know!  I never thought the words would come out of my mouth lol), and fish would make me want to vom.   I've been able to enjoy a small cup of coffee in the morning and a few sips of red wine once or twice a week the last couple of weeks.  Btw, my doc said I can have 300mg of caffeine a day and 1 or 2 glasses of red wine a week :).  
Have you started to show yet: Nope. Right now I just feel like I've been on an amazing vacation for 3 -4 weeks where I ate tons of fried food and drank mass amounts of alcohol.  Definitely feeling super bloated.  
Gender prediction: I have NO idea!  Ez has definitely expressed that a little girl would be cool :).  
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Mood: Stoked! I haven’t had any crazy emotional ups and downs yet.  Ez might have a different opinion ;)
Looking forward to: Getting out of the 1st trimester finally! 

Love M&E&BC 

P.S. Bellini wants everyone to know she's super excited for all the new toys coming into the house!  

No comments:

Post a Comment